I love finding ways to bring in slight lifestyle like posts to book and fandom blogging. I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve done a non book review/TBR/book tag type book. The 25 Bookish Facts About Me post was big across the book blog community and BookTube a few years ago. I loved this post so much that I actually did it 3 times over the first two years of blogging, and I’m happy to bring it back to the blog for the fourth time during my fourth year of blogging. I slightly adapted the post during my third and this time around to be fangirl facts about me to include some things about myself outside of books. Below you’ll find out more about my reading habits, feelings towards one of my favorite fantasy series being adapted, TV/movies, & more.
1.I am a firm believer that the best kinds of books for beach reading are paperbacks (preferably of the contemporary/contemporary romance genre).
2. I’ve only won 1 Goodreads giveaway, which was a mass market paperback copy of Red Rising by Pierce Brown.
3.I no longer own said copy of Red Rising, after trading it through #booksfortrade on Twitter for an ARC of Celeste Ng’s Little Fires Everywhere – This was pre Little Fires Everywhere being published & the Hulu TV adaptation, so I always wonder if the person I traded with regrets making the trade given how popular Little Fires Everywhere is now.
4. I’m more of a TV show than movie person.
5. The most amount of books I read in 1 year was 133 books in 2020. It’s not necessarily my #1 reading-related goal, but I’d love to surpass that amount one day.
6. Instagram is my primary book social media platform. I love finding book recommendations especially on IG stories, from authors like Hannah Orenstein and Emily Henry, but I have been trying to spend more time on the feed… including posting more on my own…
7. My current favorite Taylor Swift album is folklore, with “august” as my favorite song.
8. I’m a recent Star Wars fan. I had seen bits & pieces of the films growing up, but I fully watched Episodes 4-6 with my mom during Christmas 2019 and was hooked. I soon got into The Mandalorian (still crying over the season 2 finale), and watched the other 2 trilogies during the first half of 2020.
9. My bed is my go-to reading spot, but I think my absolute fave reading spot is tied between reading while floating around the pool or on the beach.Read More »