When you’ve been obsessed with books since you were five years old, you tend to own a lot of books and a LOT of bookish facts about yourself.
Since I absolutely loved sharing 25 Bookish Facts About Me back in June 2017, I figured it was time to do this post again! The 25 Bookish Facts About Me tag is easily one of my favorite Booktube videos to watch and blog posts to read.
- I mentioned this in a comment once, but I’m terrified, while a bit excited, about the in-the-works Throne of Glass TV series on Hulu.
- I do prefer that all of my books in series match in format, but I really don’t mind if it’s a mix of a hardcovers and paperbacks.
- I absolutely love Leigh Bardugo’s Six of Crows duology, but I still haven’t read the Shadow and Bone trilogy. I plan on changing this before King of Scars!
- I own the San Diego Comic Con 2017 Exclusive Funko Pop of Harry Potter on a Broom *breathes after rattling off that*. When the Barnes and Noble website kept crashing the morning that the exclusives were released, I went to my local Barnes and Noble to get him. I’ve nicknamed him He Who Shall Remain in the Box, out of fear of him falling off my bookshelf.
- As much as I love having books in my hand right after their release date, I don’t like rushing into right away (for the most part). I like keeping books on my TBR that I’m super excited to pick up one day.
- Some of my all-time favorite Booktube videos include Christine of polandbananasbooks’s Literal Book Titles series.
- I spilt water on my school library copy of Brave New World and found that putting it in the freezer helped dry it up. No one ever suspected anything, not including my dad who questioned why my book was sitting next to a box of waffles when he opened the freezer.
- I’m not too excited about the new Harry Potter companion books that have and continue to be coming out.
- I wish that I had a Half-Price Books store in my area.
- Luckily for me, I’m only ten minutes away from a Barnes and Noble whether I’m home or at school
- I have a Camp Half-Blood sticker (Percy Jackson) on my laptop cover.
- I have 4 bookish/fandom mugs: the Book Con 2017 mug, a Hamilton mug, a Waitress mug, and a Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation) mug that says, “Stillness: Don’t waste energy”
- There are so many San Diego Comic Con 2018 Funkos coming out, and Moaning Myrtle is a must for me.
- If I could cosplay right now, I’d be Cath from Fangirl based on the clothes I already have in my closet.
- My biggest bookish fear is dropping a book in water, but that doesn’t stop me from reading in the pool.
- I prefer writing book reviews over book tags.
- I love my local library system, but I wish they had more less popular YA books in their system.
- I love listening to Booktube videos while I do other things—writing, baking, cleaning, etc.
- .The cover change I’m most disappointed about is Beth’s Revis’s Across the Universe trilogy with ONE BOOK LEFT.
- I never keep the dust jacket on when I’m reading a hardcover.
- I would love to attend a midnight release party for Kingdom of Ash.
- I’m not too big of a fan of novellas. I really only read them if they’re essential to a series.
- I’d love there to be more books with characters in college, similar to how a lot of YA contemporaries involve characters who are in high school.
- I definitely enjoyed my high school required reading more than my college required reading so far.
- I do some of my best reading floating around the pool. I may write a blog post about how to read in the pool, so let me know if you’re interested!
What are some bookish facts about you? Share in the comments!